When on the Buyer page of a deal, you can use the Buyer and Co-Buyer action buttons to edit the buyer and co-buyer information, change the buyer, or remove the co-buyer. The buttons are found on the Buyer and Co-Buyer cards once you add Buyer or Co-Buyer to a deal.
You can use the Buyer action buttons for a variety of functions within the buyer's customer record; however, you complete these actions without leaving the Sales Application. Simply click the button for the action you want to take:
- Change Buyer: This option allows you to replace the current buyer on the deal with a new one. Click Change Buyer and select a new buyer using the Add Buyer pop-up search field or create a new customer. (See the Knowledge Base article "Adding a New Customer" for full details on creating a new customer.)
- Edit Buyer: Use this button to edit the information in the buyer's customer record. This displays the customer information, where you can make the necessary changes.
- Update Zip Tax Rate: Click this option if you need to change the tax rate on the deal based on the buyer's address. Click the button to open a pop-up where you'll select the appropriate taxable address if more than one tax rate could apply to the deal. After making your selections, click Save.
You can use the Co-Buyer action buttons to perform a number of different operations in the co-buyer's customer record without leaving the Sales Application. Simply click the button for the action you want to take:
- Remove Co-Buyer: This option allows you to remove the co-buyer from the deal with a single click. Just click Remove Co-Buyer, and the co-buyer is immediately removed. You will not be asked to verify that you want to remove the co-buyer, so be certain you want to do this prior to selecting the option.
- Edit Co-Buyer: Use this button to edit the information in the co-buyer's customer record. This displays the customer information, where you can make the necessary changes.