When you click the Sales App button in the left navigation bar, the Deal Search screen opens, displaying a list of all the deals in the program for which you have access. You can use the scroll bar to view all the displayed deals created in the last 30 days. Your cursor will automatically locate in the Search field for easy deal recall.
The Deal Search list displays information in columns. You can use the column headings to sort the list. Click a heading to sort the list based on that piece of information. The column information will be displayed in ascending order, alphabetically or numerically. Click the column heading a second time to list the information in descending order.
You can also use the Search field to search by deal specifics. For example, you can enter the deal number, buyer or co-buyer name, buyer or co-buyer phone number, vehicle stock number, or vehicle year, make, or model. More than one search term may be entered, with a space between each search term. Click Search to limit the list of results.
You can filter the Deals list using the search fields displayed above the list. The search fields allow you to filter deals to only those matching your search criteria. Some fields have a default setting.
To select a different search option, click the blue options caret next to the field to open the drop-down menu, and click on the option or options you wish to use. A blue checkmark will display to the left of the option. Several of the fields allow you to check multiple options. Clicking a checked option clears the check and unselects the search option.
To select all options in a field, click to check the “All . . .” option for that field. To clear all options selected for a search field, click the gray x on the right side of the field. To clear all the selected search criteria, click the Clear or Default button to the right of the Search button.
- Deal Type: Use this field to limit the search results to only those deals with the selected deal type/s. Choose from All Deal Types (default), Retail, Lease, Cash, Wholesale, and Balloon.
- Deal Status: Use this field to limit the search results to only those deals with the specified status or statuses. Choose from All Deal Statuses (default), Quote, Working, Sold, Delivered, Lost, Active, Finished, and Unfinished.
- Purchase Date: (Defaults to the “Between” date range.) Use this field to limit the search results to only those deals with specific purchase dates. Choose from Within the Last ___
Days/Weeks/Months/Years, More Than ___ Days/Weeks/Months/Years Ago, and Between ___ and ___.
|Note: The ending search date can be in the future.|
To use Within the Last ___ Days/Weeks/Months/Years, click the radio button in front of the field to select the option. Type the number of days, weeks, months, or years you would like to search for deals. Use the drop-down menu to select days, weeks, months, or years.
To use More Than ___ Days/Weeks/Months/Years Ago, click the radio button in front of the field to select the option. Enter the number of days, weeks, months, or years you would like to use to narrow the search. Use the drop-down menu to select days, weeks, months, or years.
To use Between ___ and ___, click the radio button in front of the field. If you selected Use Deal List MTD during system setup, the date range will automatically begin with the first day of the current month and end with the last day of the next month. If you did not check the Use Deal List MTD box during setup, the date fields will populate using a rolling 30-day period. To change the date range, enter the starting and ending date for the search or use the calendar buttons in each field to click on the appropriate date for each field.
- Activity Date: (Defaults to Any Activity Date). Use this field to limit the search results to only those deals that were active within a particular date range. Choose from Within the Last ___ Days/Weeks/Months/Years, More Than ___ Days/Weeks/Months/Years Ago, and Between ___ and ___. See the Purchase Date description above to learn how to use these search options.
- Deal Source: (Defaults to Any Deal Source, which includes any deals migrated from a previous DMS or sales and F&I tool) Use this field to limit the search results to only those deals that resulted from the selected deal sources. In addition to the default Any Deal Source option, the options in this drop-down list are created during the system setup and All Active Deal Sources, which includes deals from all the individual sources.
- Employee: (Defaults to current user) Use this field to limit the search results to only those deals involving the selected dealership employee or employees. You may select more than one employee or click All Employees to view deals involving any employee. Your options will be limited based on your permissions.
After selecting your search criteria, click Search. The list will display only the deals that meet your criteria.
To view a deal’s details, click once on the deal from the list. A Quick Look Card will open with basic deal details. To recall and edit the deal, click View Deal in the upper-right corner of the Quick Look Card. You can also open the deal by double-clicking on the deal in the list (This method works only on PCs.) or by clicking the View icon in the View column (required method when working in tablets).
The deal record will open to the Overview page.